Capitol Medical Group
The office will be open at 10 a.m. today.
About Capitol Medical Group
Capitol Medical Group (CMG) has been providing care to patients from birth to twenty-one years of age in the Washington DC area since 1987. It is a privilege and honor for us to participate in the care of your children and to watch them grow. Our team of providers is committed to delivering comprehensive medical care with the latest medical knowledge available. Capitol Medical Group is made up of seven board-certified pediatricians, one pediatric nurse practitioner, one certified lactation consultant, and approximately 20 nursing and medical support staff.
At Capitol Medical Group, we are proud to offer some of the broadest and most varied collection of pediatric experience and knowledge in the Washington area. We pride ourselves in providing state of the art medical care with a sensitivity to the cultural uniqueness of our families. We look forward to developing a long lasting relationship with you and your family and to helping your children grow into healthy happy adults.
CMG Joins PMG, Goes Electronic!
It is with great excitement that we announce CMG has chosen to affiliate with Privia Medical Group, a group that includes many of the best physicians in our area. Through our affiliation with Privia, we will be able to make some great improvements to our practice in the coming months. These will include:
~Electronic Medical Records. As of 1/27/15, we will be going electronic! We will be using an EMR system called Athenahealth, one of the best electronic medical record systems on the market. This will slow us down a bit at first as we get used to the new system (please be patient with us!), but will provide many benefits in the coming years.
- ~Online Appointment Scheduling. In the coming months we expect to go live with online appointment scheduling via our new patient portal. Ear pain and fever at midnight? No more waiting for the phones to turn on in the morning - just go online and book your appointment! More info to follow.
- ~Nursing Advice by Email. Our fabulous nurses will still give advice over the phone, but if you’d prefer to send an email for any non-urgent questions/issues, feel free to do so! They can be contacted through the patient portal.
- ~E-prescribing. No more carrying a paper prescription to the pharmacy. Prescriptions will be sent electronically to the pharmacy of your choice, decreasing wait time once you get there.
- ~Online Vaccine Record and Lab Results. Need to know when your child’s last tetanus was? Soon that information will be at your fingertips through the online patient portal.
- ~Online Bill Pay. Who wants to write a check these days? Sign in through the patient portal and pay invoices by credit card at your convenience day or night. Fast, secure, simple.
- ~Online Prescription Refill Requests. Running out of medicine? Request a refill in a few easy clicks.
We are hoping this new suite of services will create a smoother, more streamlined experience for our patients and families. We can’t wait to get started!